UPDATE ON THE ERNST ZUENDEL THOUGHT-CRIME TRIAL
We have entered a very interesting and, in some ways, scary stage in our struggle to bring truth to the world via reporting on the Mannheim Holocaust Heresy Trial. On April 26, there was yet another scheduled hearing. From the few scattered reports I received, it was an extraordinary day! Please take this as a partial summary because I don't know what it means and can only speculate. Here is what I was told:
Ernst was represented by Dr. Schaller and Attorney Bock. Jürgen Rieger was not present. The two public defenders, who are on stand-by, so to speak, were present, as were Sylvia Stolz and Horst Mahler - the latter two in the audience. Again, many spectators filled the court room, but the security forces had been reduced in numbers. Ernst was described as "looking good, self-assured and vigorous."
The prosecutor, Mr. Grossmann, was not present; a substitute sat in for him.Dr. Meinerzhagen started by playing a brief ZDF video clip that had been produced by a German television team sometime in 1999, as I remember it. I lived at that time in San Diego; Ernst was still in Canada. The reporters were a husband-wife couple, nice and very open-minded, so I thought. After they filmed me, they went on to interview Ernst at the Toronto Zundel-Haus, and Ernst told me afterwards that the extended interview went very well indeed. (Read more)