The Holocaust Story

If the Holocaust was an event in history, it should be open to the routine critical examination to which all other historical events are open. Those who feel it right to argue against the “unique monstrosity” of the Germans should be free to do so. No one should be imprisoned for thought crimes. Contrary to how Hollywood and the Israeli-Firsters have it, the Holocaust story is not about Jews. It’s about Jews and Germans together, inseparable, for all time to come.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rudolf telephones Arthur Butz before his extradition to Germany

Germar telephoned me three times on Sunday Nov. 13.

He telephoned me in the morning to tell me that three people whom he would like to call have their phones blocked in relation to his calls. This is a common problem and has happened to me too. There is nothing sinister about it; it has to do with excessive charges. It can be unpredictable, and awkward to fix on a Sunday. Germar wanted me to phone those three people to ask them to get their phones unblocked.

He called me in the late afternoon to tell me that the German media are saying that he will arrive on Tuesday, so he assumed he will be deported on Monday. The media are also saying that the prosecution will press for a 5 year sentence, followed by a 20 year prohibition on leaving Germany. He asked that on Monday I call his wife to learn whether or not he has been deported and then send out a report to his many friends around the world. His parting message is that we must uphold and advance his legacy of scholarly research, exposition, and publication.

Germar called me Sunday evening, around 8:45 PM, to ask me to telephone his wife, whose phone had become blocked. The telephones in the jail were about to be turned off, and he did not know whether he would be able to speak to her Monday morning. I should tell her he loves her, very much, and will miss her and the baby. I communicated that message to her immediately. I was quite in the dark throughout Monday but, since I received no phone calls from him, I assumed the worst. His wife seemed too distracted to give me information, and I did not know of his deportation until the e-mails of Tuesday afternoon came in.

A.R. Butz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home